This policy applies to information on clients and prospective clients, suppliers and prospective suppliers, artists, contacts and all other persons about whom Sladmore Contemporary holds information. By ‘information’, we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share and store.
In this policy, “we,” “us,” and “our” means Sladmore Contemporary, a company registered in England and Wales with No 6365864 and “you” means the individual to whom the information relates.
What we collect
• your name;
• your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
• information related to your attendance of, and interest in, events and art fairs;
• information about you that you give us in person at our events and art fairs or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise; and
• information concerning your purchase of our artwork or use of our services.
How we collect information about you
• the information you provide to us when you purchase any artwork or visit us at each art fair;
• the information you provide when you contact us by phone, email or post
• the information you provide when handing your business card
What we do with the information we gather
We use your information to:
• provide information about our artwork and services to you;
• keep you informed about artwork, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
• carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
• communicate with you;
• administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• keep our site safe and secure;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations; and
• for security and to check your identity.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are:
• collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient client experience;
• to make sure you receive updated information on The Sladmore Gallery Limited’s business activities;
• to provide requested services;
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
• for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and to take steps at your request before you enter into those contracts;
• for legitimate interests pursued by us; or
• to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject; about any processing of special categories of personal data, we will rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Sharing your information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may also share your personal information with:
• law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
• selected services in relation to a purchase, such as art shippers and couriers, who will need an address for delivery
• Our sister gallery, Sladmore Gallery Ltd, with whom we are in constant contact and organise a lot of events with
• Companies who act on our behalf to deliver our newsletters to you. Currently Constant Contact who's own Privacy statement is available here: https://www.constantcontact.com/legal/privacy-statement.
At any time, you have the right:
• to request access to or a copy of any personal data which we hold about you;
• to rectification of your personal data, if you consider that the information we are holding is inaccurate;
• to ask us to delete your personal data, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
• to withdraw consent to our processing of your personal data (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
• to ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
• to restrict processing of your personal data;
• to data portability (moving some of your personal data elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
• to object to your personal data being processed in certain circumstances; and
• to not be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your personal data.
Any request from you for access to or a copy of your personal data must be in writing, and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Where you are one of our clients or have otherwise agreed to be contacted for marketing, we will only use your personal information to send you information about The Sladmore Gallery events, art fairs and works of art. You can unsubscribe from receiving them at any time, details of how to unsubscribe will be included in each electronic mailing we send you.
You also have the option of “unsubscribing” from our mailing list at any time thereby disabling any further such e-mail or other communication from being sent to you by emailing email@example.com
We will action any opt-out request from you without delay.
How long will we keep your information?
We will only keep the information we collect about you for as long as required for the purposes set out above or as required to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This will involve us periodically reviewing our files to check that information is accurate, up-to-date and still required.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications, we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us. If you opt out of marketing, we will retain your information to enable us to respect your wishes to not be contacted for marketing purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Sites
Particular features of our site will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right (as a UK resident) to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates and supervises the use of personal data in the UK, via their helpline on 0303 123 1113 or by filling a report on https://report.ico.org.uk/security-breach/
Changes to this policy
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our policy.